Lemon coconut tarts
“These tarts are so easy to make and taste delicious, especially with vanilla ice cream! You can make different flavours by using different jams – strawberry would be nice too.”
- Pavel Merxuz, London
Think your tart’s got what it takes? Submit a photo of your tarts and a recipe and they could be tomorrow’s Tart of the Day!
• 100 g shortcrust pastry
• 50 g butter/ coconut oil
• 50 g golden caster sugar
• 1 medium sized egg
• 50 g desiccated coconut
• Lemon curd
1. Heat oven to gas mark 4 (350F, 180C) Roll out pastry thinly and cut into rounds using a 3 inch cutter. Place it in cupcake molds.
2. Place half a teaspoon of jam in the bottom of each tartlet.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the egg and coconut.
5. Place 1tsp of the sponge mixture on top of the jam.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes until the sponge is golden brown and risen.
Variation: You can substitute lemon curd with a spoonful of your favourite jam!