Blueberry jam tarts
“This is my version of the jam tart recipe provided for organisers – I thought using blueberries would make them healthier as they’re a superfood! I was surprised at how easy they were to make, I might try apricot ones next!”
- Catherine Attwood, Blind Veterans UK
To make between 10 – 12 tarts, you will need:
- 175g plain flour
- 80g butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Approx 50ml water
- 100g blueberry jam
- 50g extra thick or clotted cream
- Blueberries to decorate
- Icing sugar to decorate
- Mix together flour, salt, sugar and butter (cut into small pieces). Rub the mixture between your fingers until the mixture resembles large breadcrumbs.
- Add the water (bit by bit) and knead the pastry gently, forming into a ball. Pop it in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Grease a 12 hole shallow tart tin. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a large cup or pastry cutter cut out circles and place into the tart tins.
- Fill each tart with about 2 heaped tsps of blueberry jam.
- Bake in a pre-heated over at 200C for about 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then add a small dollop of cream in the centre of the tart and add blueberries as desired.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to decorate.
Why not use your tarts to help blind veterans? Find out how…