Blueberry and balsamic vinegar tarts
“Although this sounds like a strange combination, the acidity of the vinegar complements the sweeteness of the blueberries perfectly! I’m so happy to have supported blind veterans by getting involved with Tarts for Troops.”
- 200g of ready rolled sweet shortcrust pastry (or you could make your own!)
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- A few tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/400°F/Gas mark 6
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use a cookie cutter to cut out the individual tarts.
- Gently arrange blueberries onto each tart and top with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Bake for 25 mins.
Why not use your tarts to help blind veterans? Find out how…