Before your Tarts for Troops party
- Register your event with us, we would love to hear what you are doing and can offer extra assistance and advice in the lead up to your event
- Pick a date between 29 June and 5 July and a location that works for you. If you can’t do these dates, it’s ok to choose another!
- Market your event. Be sure to promote your event in advance so that your work colleagues, club members, school friends or church congregation know to bring along some loose change. Download our event poster and invitations to spread the word. Maybe you even want to set up a facebook event page or send some tweets out about it
- Plan other fundraising initiatives – will your event be as simple as setting up a tart stall and asking work colleagues, school friends or club members for donations for a tart during a tea or school break? Or could you arrange a casual dress down/fancy dress day alongside? Maybe even a simple raffle or tombola on your stall? Our fundraising pack has plenty of other ideas!
- Telling your local newspaper about your event might encourage other local people to organise their own event and will really help spread the charity name Blind Veterans UK. Download our Press release template, fill in the gaps and email to your local newspaper
- Visit our recipes page for some delicious tart ideas from celebrities, Blind Veterans UK staff and our members!
To get started, download your organisers pack here
During your Tarts for Troops party
- Bake your tarts
- Download our DIY bunting templates, buy some string and decorate your venue!
- Take photos of your Tarts for Troops party then email them to email@example.com, post them on our facebook wall or send us a tweet – we love to see our fundraisers in action
- Have lots of fun!
Jam tart recipe
Tomato, mozzarella and basil tart recipe
After your Tarts for Troops party
- Count up all the donations that people have kindly given to Blind Veterans UK
- You can donate the money online, send us a cheque or pay the money direct in to our bank account
- Why not send another story to your local newspaper letting them know how your event went?
- Thank everyone who helped bake tarts or gave you support on the day. In June, we will have a poster available on our website that you can download to let everyone know how much you raised and how very grateful everyone at Blind Veterans UK is.
Can’t take part?
- Buy a virtual tart
- Visit our facebook or twitter sites and share or re-tweet our messages
- Look at our events calendar to see whether there is another event you would like to take part in – skydiving, running, walking – we have them all!